Support Our Work
We invite and welcome everyone to take advantage of the opportunity to share in the responsibility of spreading the Dharma “in the Ten Directions”. Our spiritual teachers share a deep conviction that more than ever before, our world needs the examples of wisdom and compassion, and a skilful means of living a life that supports a more sustainable and peaceful future for all sentient beings.These teachers live their lives committed to helping others discover and live their deepest intentions in a more authentic way.
When you make a tax-deductible donation to the Contemplative Order of Compassion, you are taking ownership and sharing in the responsibility for everything we do, including:
- Providing more than 45 weeks of free Dharma instruction online and at the hermitage and monastic residences, each year
- Providing free dharma materials to those unable to afford the books written by our abbot and spiritual director, Lama Gurudas Śunyatananda (Dr. F. Gianmichael Salvato).
- Serving as pen-pals to the incarcerated, and to those in recovery
- Encouraging cultural, ethnic and spiritual diversity with our Dharma centres and in the communities in which we live
- Advocating for compassionate action, social justice and community service
- Providing on-going spiritual formation for prospective and aspiring contemplatives, through Western Buddhist University
- Maintaining the host of websites, virtual classrooms, and discussion groups used in our programs
- Development, programming and eventual hosting of a daily Buddhist radio and Internet television program
- Encouraging and providing environmental education and sustainable living programs at the local and regional levels
- We believe that when we come together and financially support our teachers and the dharma centres, we are creating the causes for for a world in which greater wisdom and compassion may flourish, and paving the way for a more sustainable future.